Deputy Executive Director, California and the Southwest
TechNet is the national, bipartisan network of technology CEOs and senior executives that promotes the growth of the innovation economy. TechNet’s diverse membership includes dynamic startups and the most iconic companies on the planet and represents over three million employees and countless customers in the fields of information technology, e-commerce, the sharing and gig economies, advanced energy, cybersecurity, venture capital, and finance. TechNet has offices in Washington, D.C., Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Sacramento, Chicago, Austin, Boston, Olympia, Albany, and Tallahassee.
The Deputy Executive Director is responsible for providing support to the Executive Director for California and the Southwest. Duties will include, but not be limited to, legislative tracking, monitoring committee hearings, preparing and distributing letters, coordinating membership meetings, and event logistics. An ideal candidate will possess basic knowledge of the legislative process, as well as exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Multi-state legislative and regulatory tracking
- Management and distribution of TechNet position/comment letters
- Communicate with legislative offices to gather bill, budget, or other related information
- Management of internal document sharing with other staff
- Operational aspects of TechNet member-related meetings, lobby days, fly-ins, receptions, roundtables, and TECHtalks
- Assist with PAC-related communications and events
- Provide proof-reading, editing, and writing support to the Executive Director
- Monitor legislative hearings, floor sessions, budget hearings, and other relevant meetings and provide reports as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional education at a Bachelor’s level or professional equivalent in public policy, political science, government, campaigns, or related field
- Association experience a plus, but not required
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the legislative process
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, membership, and other groups
- Ability to quickly learn, retain, and become proficient in new skills
- Excellent writing, organization, and time management skills
- Positive attitude, ability to work independently and creatively in a changing and demanding environment
Interested candidates should email their resume to Courtney Jensen at email@example.com.