Deputy Executive Director for California and the Southwest
TechNet is the national, bipartisan network of technology CEOs and senior executives that promotes the growth of the innovation economy. TechNet’s diverse membership includes dynamic American businesses ranging from startups to the most iconic companies on the planet and represents more than three million employees in the fields of information technology, e-commerce, clean energy, gig and sharing economy, venture capital, and finance. TechNet is committed to advancing the public policies and private sector initiatives that make the U.S. the most innovative country in the world.
The Deputy Executive Director is responsible for providing support to the Executive Director for California and the Southwest, which includes Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah. Duties will include, but not be limited to, direct lobbying, legislative and regulatory tracking, monitoring committee hearings, preparing and distributing letters, coordinating membership meetings, and event logistics. An ideal candidate will possess in-depth understanding of the state legislative and regulatory process, as well as exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Multi-state legislative and regulatory tracking
- Management and distribution of TechNet position/comment letters
- Communication with legislative offices to gather bill, budget, or other related information
- Management of internal document sharing with other staff
- Operational aspects of TechNet member-related meetings, lobby days, fly-ins, receptions, roundtables, and TECHtalks
- Assistance with PAC-related communications and events
- Providing proof-reading, editing, and writing support to the Executive Director
- Monitoring legislative hearings, floor sessions, budget hearings, and other relevant meetings and provide reports as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional education at a Bachelor’s level or professional equivalent in public policy, political science, government, campaigns, or related field
- Experience working in the California legislature
- Association experience a plus, but not required
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the legislative process
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, membership, and other groups
- Ability to quickly learn, retain, and become proficient in new skills
- Excellent writing, organization, and time management skills
- Positive attitude, ability to work independently and creatively in a changing and demanding environment
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should email their resume to Cameron Demetre at firstname.lastname@example.org.