Federal Policy and Communications Coordinator
TechNet is the national, bipartisan network of technology CEOs and senior executives that promotes the growth of the innovation economy.
TechNet’s diverse membership includes dynamic startups and the most iconic companies on the planet and represents over three million employees and countless customers in the fields of information technology, e-commerce, the sharing and gig economies, advanced energy, cybersecurity, venture capital, and finance. TechNet has offices in Washington, D.C., Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Sacramento, Chicago, Austin, Boston, Olympia, Albany, and Tallahassee.
The Federal Policy and Communications Coordinator plays a key role in the execution of TechNet’s comprehensive federal advocacy and communications strategies. The ideal candidate works well both independently and as part of a team and has proven research, writing, and editing skills; web development and graphic design experience; a keen eye for detail; a self-starting mentality; and an ability to meet tight deadlines. Duties include:
- Support the drafting and distribution of policy letters, op-eds, press releases, and other written materials on TechNet’s federal policy priorities
- Support the drafting and distribution of op-eds, press releases, and other written materials on TechNet’s state policy priorities
- Develop briefing memos for meetings with reporters and policymakers
- Manage TechNet’s online presence by creating daily social media content; coordinating social media campaigns around legislative priorities and major events; and updating the website on a regular basis
- Track priority federal legislation and keep the team apprised of key developments
- Manage and maintain the press contact lists
- Manage and maintain the federal policy distribution lists for members
- Create and distribute weekly newsletters for TechNet member companies and policymakers
- Assist in the coordination of logistics around federal policy and political events
- Draft the federal policy and communications department reports for quarterly Executive Council meetings
- Monitor member companies’ business, philanthropic, legal, and political activities, and promote through TechNet platforms as appropriate
- Support the membership department as needed
- Email marketing tools such as ExactTarget or MailChimp
- Adobe Creative Suite or similar graphic design software
- Website development programs such as Webflow or SquareSpace
- HTML and CSS
Interested candidates should email their resumes and 2-3 writing and digital media samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.