Government Relations and Communications Coordinator
TechNet is the national, bipartisan network of technology CEOs and senior executives that promotes the growth of the innovation economy.
TechNet’s diverse membership includes dynamic startups and the most iconic companies on the planet and represents over three million employees and countless customers in the fields of information technology, e-commerce, the sharing and gig economies, advanced energy, cybersecurity, venture capital, and finance. TechNet has offices in Washington, D.C., Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Sacramento, Chicago, Austin, Boston, Olympia, Albany, and Tallahassee.
The Government Relations and Communications Coordinator will play a key role in the execution of TechNet’s comprehensive federal advocacy, communications, digital marketing, and communications strategies. The ideal candidate works well both independently and as part of a team and has proven research, writing, and editing skills; web development and graphic design experience; a keen eye for detail; a self-starting mentality; and an ability to meet tight deadlines. Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Operations and Strategic Initiatives, the Coordinator will work cross-functionally with the Communications, Federal Affairs, and executive leadership team.
· Support the TechNet federal program monitoring and managing a core set of issues before the technology sector including privacy, fintech, cybersecurity, trade, tax, 5G, and AI, among others
· Track priority federal legislation and keep the team apprised of key developments
· Support the drafting and distribution of policy letters, op-eds, press releases, and other written materials on TechNet’s federal policy priorities for TechNet members, federal policymakers, and members of the media
· Assist in the coordination of logistics around federal policy and political events
· Develop briefing memos for meetings with reporters and policymakers
· Manage TechNet’s online presence by creating daily social media content; coordinating social media campaigns around legislative priorities and major events; and updating the website on a regular basis
· Monitor member companies’ business and philanthropic activities and promote them through TechNet platforms as appropriate
· Minimum of 3 years of experience on Capitol Hill or in a Government Relations role
· Experience working on technology sector issues
· Proven writer and communicator with an editor’s eye
· Proficiency with marketing tools such as ExactTarget or MailChimp
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or similar graphic design software
· Experience with website development programs such as Webflow orSquareSpace
· HTML and CSS
Interested candidates should email their resumes and 2-3 writing samples to email@example.com.