Energy and Environment Principles
TechNet supports advanced energy policies that foster and promote a climate for innovation. TechNet supports policies that enable companies to create, thrive, and participate in competitive energy markets in the United States and around the globe, and balanced action on climate change that accelerates the deployment of zero-carbon energy technologies. TechNet supports:
- A robust energy agenda that will spur the development and deployment of clean energy resources.
- Non-discriminatory policies that further the use of advanced technologies in energy markets.
- The implementation of grid modernization technologies and electric and clean transportation.
- Forward-looking policies that ensure open access and enable market-based deployment of wholesale and distributed energy resources.
- The growth of competitive and transparent energy supply markets at the wholesale and retail levels.
- Policies that recognize and reward technologies that increase the electric resiliency of industry, government, and consumers.
- Technology-neutral, low-carbon solutions to address national and state energy demand.
- Fair and equal access to data to enable industry and empower consumers to effectively deploy and utilize clean energy solutions.
- Stable tax policy that provides industry and consumers long-term clarity to support the investment and deployment of clean energy technologies.