With the rapid evolution of technologies, rising consumer demand for data, and the dawn of the “Internet of Things,” TechNet believes that telecommunications policy and regulation should promote continued private investment in broadband networks. TechNet supports:
- Policies that facilitate continued private investment in infrastructure.
- Policies to increase the availability of licensed, unlicensed, and shared spectrum.
- Responsible efforts to clear more federal spectrum for commercial use.
- Federal policy initiatives that can expedite broadband deployment, such as “Dig Once” and access to federal lands and buildings.
- Easing state restrictions on rights of way and cell tower siting and licensing so that broadband build-out can rapidly expand to areas that need increased access.
- Policies that promote broadband adoption and digital literacy.
- The elimination of burdensome privacy requirements on Internet service providers.
- The FCC and FTC working together to find common ground to implement a policy on privacy protections.