Google Executive Kent Walker Joins TechNet Executive Council
Washington, D.C. – TechNet, the national, bipartisan network of innovation economy CEOs and senior executives, today announced Kent Walker has joined TechNet’s Executive Council. Walker is Senior Vice President for Global Affairs and Chief Legal Officer at Google.
At Google, Walker advises Google's board and management on legal and policy issues, its work with governments around the world, its policies for content on its various services, and its philanthropic efforts.
“Tech is at the forefront of everything we do and powers our global, interconnected economy. In joining TechNet’s Executive Council, I’m excited to work alongside a celebrated group of technology leaders who are helping advocate for policies that advance innovation and help businesses, workers, and communities thrive,” said Walker.
“Kent’s perspective, experience, and knowledge of the global tech ecosystem is unmatched. We are thrilled Kent is joining TechNet’s Executive Council and look forward to working with him and our Executive Council to champion a pro-innovation agenda that will grow our tech-driven economy,” said Linda Moore, President and CEO of TechNet.
Before joining Google, Walker worked at various technology companies, including eBay, Netscape, AOL, and Airtouch Communications. He also served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney with the United States Department of Justice and advised the U.S. Attorney General on technology policy issues. At the beginning of his career, he worked as a litigator specializing in government and public law issues.
Walker joins TechNet’s prestigious Executive Council of tech industry leaders that also includes:
- Greg Becker, CEO, Silicon Valley Bank, TechNet Chairman
- John Chambers, Founder and CEO, JC2 Ventures, Chairman Emeritus, Cisco, TechNet Co-Founder
- John Doerr, Chairman, Kleiner Perkins, TechNet Co-Founder
- Aparna Bawa, COO, Zoom
- Michael Gregoire, Partner and Managing Director, Brighton Park Capital
- Terry Howerton, Co-Founder and CEO, TechNexus
- Ed Knight, Vice Chairman, Nasdaq
- Aaron Levie, CEO, Co-Founder and Chairman, Box
- Kim Polese, Chairman, CrowdSmart
- KR Sridhar, Co-Founder and CEO, Bloom Energy
- Tony Xu, CEO and Co-Founder, DoorDash
Walker graduated from Harvard College and Stanford Law School. He currently serves on the Harvard Board of Overseers and the Heartflow Board of Directors, advises the Mercy Corps Social Ventures Fund, and is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.