TechNet Announces Addition of Six New Members
Washington, D.C. — TechNet, the national, bipartisan network of innovation economy CEOs and senior executives, today announced the addition of six new members: JC2 Ventures, NerdWallet, Plaid, Saucey, Slack, and SugarCRM. With these additions, TechNet’s network now stands at 81 members. A full list is available here.
“We are pleased to welcome JC2 Ventures, NerdWallet, Plaid, Saucey, Slack, and SugarCRM to our network,” said Linda Moore, President and CEO of TechNet. “These companies are creating jobs and promoting innovation across several fields, and they are increasingly important voices in policy debates impacting the tech industry at the federal, state, and local levels. We look forward to working with these new members to advance policies that help our industry create more jobs and income opportunities, develop new innovations, and empower customers with important tools to improve the way we live and work.”
About our new members:
- JC2 Ventures is a purpose-driven venture capital firm helping global startups scale, grow, and create inclusive jobs for the digital future. Founded by John Chambers, former CEO and Chairman of Cisco Systems and Co-founder of TechNet, JC2 Ventures are mentors of digital innovation and they coach startups throughout their journey, helping them see around corners, accelerate markets, and create entirely new ones. JC2 Ventures is fully committed to developing startup companies, startup nations, and a startup world.
- NerdWallet is a personal finance company that provides clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. NerdWallet helps nearly 100 million visitors every year with articles, tools, and side-by-side product views that help break down complicated financial topics and make it surprisingly easy to find the best credit card, investing approach, brokerage account, savings tricks, and more. With NerdWallet, consumers have free access to user-friendly tools and advice that save time and money and give them the freedom to do more.
- Plaid is the technology platform providing the tools and access needed for the development of a fully modern and digitally-enabled financial system. Plaid makes it easier and safer for developers — from the smallest startups to the largest financial institutions — to build innovative financial services and applications. Plaid offers beautiful consumer experiences, developer-friendly infrastructure, and intelligence tools that give everyone the ability to build the future of financial services.
- Saucey is the technology platform bringing the retail alcohol industry online. By combining the pricing and selection of big box retail with personalization and the convenience of 30-minute delivery, they provide the easiest, fastest, and most reliable way to shop for alcohol. Backed by leading institutional investors, Saucey currently serves Chicago, Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Diego, and San Francisco with 30-minute delivery, and ships nationwide.
- Slack is an enterprise software platform that allows teams and businesses of all sizes to communicate effectively. Slack works seamlessly with other software tools within a single integrated environment, providing an accessible archive of an organization’s communications, information, and projects.
- SugarCRM helps organizations build better business relationships with the most empowering, adaptable, and affordable customer relationship management (CRM) solution on the market. SugarCRM empowers the individual, coordinating the actions of customer-facing employees and equipping them with the right information at the right time to transform the customer experience. More than 2 million individuals in over 120 countries rely on SugarCRM.
TechNet is the national, bipartisan network of technology CEOs and senior executives that promotes the growth of the innovation economy by advocating a targeted policy agenda at the federal and 50-state level. TechNet’s diverse membership includes dynamic startups and the most iconic companies on the planet and represents three million employees and countless customers in the fields of information technology, e-commerce, the sharing and gig economies, advanced energy, cybersecurity, venture capital, and finance. TechNet has offices in Washington, D.C., Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Sacramento, Austin, Boston, Olympia, Albany, and Tallahassee.