tech at work
Read How Tech Is Enabling Telehealth Services, Making Healthcare Cheaper, More Convenient, and Safer
Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, telehealth has become essential to how doctors communicate with their patients and how patients get the care they need. Telehealth services range from primary care visits, mental health services, COVID-19 testing, and dentistry, among others. Even after the pandemic is over, telehealth will remain an essential and convenient way for people to interact with their doctors and other healthcare professionals. See below for more information about how the tech industry is enabling critical telehealth services.
How Tech is Enabling Telehealth
COVID-19 has accelerated the need for a dialogue on mental health (Teladoc Health)
Teladoc VP of mental health services discusses how virtual care is shattering stigmas and keeping pace with demand.
Bringing mental health research and AI together (Microsoft)
There is a large gap between the number of people with mental health conditions and the number of mental health providers. Microsoft thinks telehealth can help bridge that gap.
Empowering care teams with frictionless collaboration and productivity tools (Google)
Google Meet provides healthcare workers with secure solutions that streamline patient care and keep the entire care team on the same page from anywhere.
1 800 Contacts is providing free online vision exams while eye care providers are closed (1 800 Contacts)
1 800 Contacts offers a vision test to determine if you’re able to see clearly in your current contacts and then will renew and mail you new contacts.
SmileDirectClub is offering a convenient way to straighten your teeth through teledentistry (SmileDirectClub)
SmileDirectClub's exclusive technology makes straightening teeth with clear aligners easier and more affordable than ever.
Zoom for Healthcare (Zoom)
Zoom for telehealth reliably delivers consistent clinical user experiences, seamlessly integrates into your technology and workflows, and keeps you connected and compliant.
Empowering healthcare professionals with Microsoft Teams (Microsoft)
Microsoft Teams enables simple, secure collaboration and communication with chat, video, voice, and healthcare tools in a single hub that supports compliance with HIPAA and HITECH.
Telehealth Medical Visit (hims & hers)
What We're Saying
· TechNet Promotes Peter Chandler to Vice President for Federal Policy and Government Relations. Read the press release here.
· Linda Moore, President and CEO of TechNet, States Incentives for Medical Research Support Startup Business Model. (LAW 360) Read this news feature here.
· Industry group TechNet slammed two controversial White House immigration policies and Peter Chandler is promoted to VP of federal policy and government relations. (The Washington Post) Read this news feature here.
· TechNet Comments on Administration Memo Excluding Undocumented Immigrants from House Apportionment Count. Read the press release here.
· TechNet Files Suit Against Administration’s “Unlawful Restrictions” to Visas. (NAM Newsroom) Read this news feature here.
· Business Sector Joins Fight Against Trump's Work Visa Ban. (LAW360) Read this news feature here.
· Top business groups file lawsuit over Trump order limiting work visas. (The Hill) Read this news feature here.
What's New in Tech
At home tests for COVID-19 (hims & hers)
This at-home kit tests for COVID-19 without invasive swabs or having to visit an in-person test site. Start by telling hims & hers about your symptoms to help determine if this test is right for you. This test has been authorized by the FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization for use by authorized laboratories.
What's measured: Current infection of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus
Time to results: Typically 3-5 days from the time your sample is shipped to the lab
Read more here.
Before You Start Your Weekend
Knowing the COVID-19 pandemic has brought about an increase in the use of telehealth, HHS produced an informational video with Surgeon General Jerome Adams to discuss five great things your should know about telehealth!