tech at work
Read How The Tech Industry is Enabling Telework and Providing Job Training
The COVID-19 pandemic created the need for many companies to transition to remote work in a short amount of time. The tech industry is offering telework solutions and advice to make this transition to remote work easier for companies and their employees. Tech companies are also providing free training and webinars to employees and others to help them remain competitive in a COVID-19 job market. See below for more information about how the tech industry is enabling telework.
Tech is Enabling Telework & Job Training
This comprehensive technology initiative will build on data and digital technology.
Workplace can help inform and connect employees, allowing them to share critical information in real-time.
Each webinar will feature illuminating conversations with expert business leaders on how to plan for the ever-changing environment of COVID-19 and beyond.
Google will fund 100,000 need-based scholarships for its Google Career Certificates and is also committing $10 million in job training Google.org grants.
HP introduced remote work offerings that enable partners to deliver integrated services-based print solutions and has offered a free 90-day trial.
Modernizing your network plays a key role in supporting digital transformation. CDW has the latest network products that will have you embracing new technologies.
Comcast supports GeneDx with increased broadband connectivity which allows them to launch COVID-19 testing.
Zoom Launches Zoom For Home (Zoom)
Tech Fast-Tracks Critical Tools In COVID-19 Fight (Dell Technologies)
What's New in Tech
New Cisco Report Reveals Key Insights on How the Pandemic Has Changed the Future of Work (Cisco)
- 74% said their business will, in some way, emerge stronger from the crisis.
- Respondents say flexibility is here to stay, and it will benefit organizations as well as employees. Almost half (49%) of respondents indicated that flexible working hours are here to stay. And when it comes to hiring, 50% of our survey respondents said increased remote work would lead to a more inclusive and extended talent pool.
- The vast majority of managers said they have increased their emphasis on employee wellbeing and work-life balance.
Nearly 9 out of 10 managers (87%) who responded to the survey said that as a result of the pandemic, they increased their emphasis on employee wellbeing and work-life balance.
Read more here.
What We're Saying
· TechNet Statement in Advance of House Judiciary Committee Hearing on Tech. Read the press release here.
· Administration Has Gone from Placing DACA Applicants “Into A Bucket” to Throwing Them Away. Read the press release here.
· DACA Applicants Shouldn’t Be “Placed into a Bucket.” Read the press release here.
· TechNet calls on Senate to Pass Corporate Diversity Bill. (The Hill) Read this news feature here.
· Trade Groups Push Senate to Pass Corporate Board Diversity Bill (Politico) Read this news feature here.
· White House DACA Restrictions Draw Boos from Tech (Multichannel News) Read this news feature here.
Before You Start Your Weekend
While working from home, learn something new with Dell Technologies' Trailblazers Podcast. Listen to the latest episode on digital disruption and innovators using tech to enable human progress here and see below for a preview of the series.