Zoom COO Aparna Bawa Joins TechNet Executive Council
Washington, D.C. — TechNet, the national, bipartisan network of innovation economy CEOs and senior executives, today announced that Aparna Bawa, Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Zoom Video Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:ZM) has joined TechNet’s Executive Council.
“This year, Congress, the Biden Administration, and state policymakers across our nation will pass laws and create regulations that impact how Americans can remain connected as our nation works to eradicate COVID-19 and rebuild our economy. I look forward to working with my TechNet Executive Council colleagues to promote policies that benefit all Americans and propel our economic recovery,” said Aparna Bawa, COO of Zoom.
“Aparna is a tech industry leader whose work enabled Zoom to grow exponentially and become an essential connection tool in 2020, and we are excited to welcome her to TechNet’s Executive Council. Millions of Americans rely on Zoom to communicate with friends and family, conduct business, and learn in a safe, socially distant manner. Aparna’s depth of experience will bolster our already strong Executive Council as TechNet advocates for policies that promote innovation, create jobs, and grow our economy,” said Linda Moore, President and CEO, TechNet.
Bawa joins TechNet’s prestigious Executive Council of tech industry leaders, which also includes:
- Greg Becker, CEO, Silicon Valley Bank, TechNet Chairman
- John Chambers, Founder and CEO, JC2 Ventures, Chairman Emeritus, Cisco, TechNet Co-Founder
- John Doerr, Chairman, Kleiner Perkins, TechNet Co-Founder
- Michael Gregoire, Partner and Managing Director, Brighton Park Capital
- Terry Howerton, Co-Founder and CEO, TechNexus
- Ed Knight, Vice Chairman, Nasdaq
- Bastian Lehmann, Co-Founder and CEO, Postmates
- Aaron Levie, CEO, Co-Founder and Chairman, Box
- Kim Polese, Chairman, CrowdSmart
- KR Sridhar, Co-Founder and CEO, Bloom Energy
- Tony Xu, CEO and Co-Founder, DoorDash
About Aparna Bawa: Aparna Bawa serves as Zoom’s Chief Operating Officer. Prior to this, she was its Chief Legal Officer. Most recently before Zoom, she was SVP, General Counsel for Magento Commerce, which was acquired by Adobe in 2018. Prior to Magento, Aparna was the VP, General Counsel for Nimble Storage; she was instrumental in Nimble’s initial public offering in 2013. Later, she led Nimble’s sale to Hewlett Packard Enterprise in 2017. Previously, Aparna led the legal and corporate development functions for Inphi Corp. Bawa began her career as a corporate and securities attorney for Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. She was also an investment banker at Lehman Brothers and Deutsche Bank, where she executed multiple IPO and M&A transactions for technology clients.